Sunday, 3 August 2014

Vegan Vegetable Lasagne


I decided to not post Breakfast Sundays anymore but Vegan recipes instead since I turned vegan a few days ago. I probably will do a proper post on why I prefer eating vegan very soon so stay tuned for that :)

Today I'm going to share my very first vegan recipe with you guys!
I have to say that I'm not a pro at cooking and that this was my very first proper meal that I cooked.
I made a vegan vegetable lasagne (and I really liked it but my dad hated it so its probably not for everyone) and a really nice salad :)


What you need:


For the Lasagne:


- 1 packet of lasagne noodles (without egg)
- 2 carrots
- 1 medium sized zucchini
- 1 medium sized kohlrabi
- 1 medium sized fennel
- 2 medium sized tomatoes
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 celery
- 1/2 pepper
- 500 grams sieved tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 litre of bechamel sauce
- 250 grams of vegan Parmesan



For the Bechamel Sauce:

- 1 litre of soy milk
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 100 grams margarine
- 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper



For the Salad:

- as much lettuce as you want (I used about 3 handfuls)
- 1 tin of corn
- 3/4 of a cucumber
- 1/2 of a pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- some vegan cheese

 
How to make the lasagne:


First, you need to chop your vegetables into little cubes, roast them with olive oil in a wok and let them stew for about 10 minutes.


You then need to add the spices and the sieved tomatoes and mix it all together.
Now you need to prepare the bechamel sauce which is super simple!
Melt the margarine and add the salt and flour. At low head, slowly stir in the soy milk and let it simmer for about 20 minutes but don't forget to stir it every now and then.


Next, spread the olive oil in a baking pan and place the noodles at the bottom.
Put a layer of your vegetable filling on top of the noodles, then add the bechamel sauce and the vegan Parmesan. You want to do this about three times so that you have three layers of noodles, vegetables, bechamel sauce and parmesan :)


Now you just need to prepare the salad (chop everything and mix it together) and you're done!
Enjoy your cruelty free meal :)


Have you ever tried this recipe?
Are you vegan as well?

Lots of Love,
Jenni
xxx

Original Recipe in this book.



 






 

6 comments:

  1. And now I'm incredibly hungry because this looks amazing!

    Laura x
    BVL | Fashion & Beauty Blog ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was soo delicious :) But it took me 2 hours! :D xx

      Delete
  2. I pinned this. It looks soooooo yummy. Definitely going to make this in the future.

    http://jennihearted.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It really is quite yummy xx

      Delete